Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Relection

This past Thanksgiving Day was cause for reflection. It was 2 years ago, right after Thanksgiving that my son decided to divorce his wife. I know it was not an easy decision, his biggest consideration being the relationship he would have with his then 5 month old daughter, Annalise.
Since then he has continued to amaze me by the lengths he would go to protect his rights to parent Anna.

Fast-forward 1 year for a fond memory of spending Thanksgiving with my son, his Dad and stepmom, my mother and of course Anna. We were all able to give thanks for the official ending of a difficult year, a finalized divorce and a beautiful little girl that had delivered such joy to each of us.

This year on Thanksgiving Day, Anna was with her mother and family so our day of gratitude was delayed a few days. Nevertheless, my gratitude for this precious human being fills my heart to overflowing and makes a difficult year much, much better.

No comments: